Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dusting Off The Shoes


A few people have asked how my half marathon training is going. If you're one of them, you know my response is typically a guilty look followed by, "Ummm...yeah...well...it's NOT."

While I am technically registered for a race this coming weekend, I admit, I'm going to be one of those slacker "no shows". I do have a reasonable excuse; I've been dealing with a chronic foot injury and have been out of commission as far as running goes for the past few months, per doctor's orders. Honestly though, I haven't exactly made it a priority to exercise consistently using other means either. I really have no valid excuse (considering that my other man, Mr. Elliptical, is parked in our bedroom and often sits gazing at me as I awake in the morning).
All that to say, no race in the near future. I'm resetting my expectations and am starting again slowly. I dusted off my tennies and have "run" a few times the past couple of weeks. Notice the quotes; My "running" these days is more of a walk/jog combo considering I'm starting over from ground zero, or more apropos, ground negative one. My feet feel like lead and oh how I cannot wait to have the joy of running back (right now I mostly just feel the PAIN). Lord, body, feet, and mind willing...

3 comments:

crochet lady said...

Good for you, sounds like you have determination to push through the hard stuff.

Angelina said...

Hahahaha...oh that made me laugh...specifically "mr. Elliptical"... have you tried the wii fit? its really fun and you can run on the comfort of a carpet.

Mel G. said...

I'm sorry, but really, do you need one more thing to do right now? Take your time getting back to running. Look at all the running you're doing now. That counts!