Friday, June 5, 2009

Blog On

Some may wonder if bloggers are going to go by the wayside now that Facebook has become the "in" trend. I sure hope not. Blogging is a great way to document a family journal, express opinions and exercise creative thinking.

One of the best benefits of participating in the blogging community is exposure to a number of creative ideas. For example, I discovered that even dish soap could look pretty from a post shared by Kelly at Sketching Life. I found a similar bottle at Bed Bath and Beyond and vava-voom, our soap looks sophisticated!



I enjoy trying recipes that the Pioneer Woman shares on her cooking blog, including this delicious Bolognese Sauce (i.e., "Spaghetti Sauce" for us simple-folk). I've had fun checking out the cake creations at Jessicakes (and can't help but envy Jessica's new found talent).

Since I started blogging, I discovered Etsy, a website where people can sell their homemade goods. Being that I'm not the most crafty of gals, I'm more in tune with being a "buyer" from this site. Specifically, I really like briar.claire, a seller who makes the cutest girls hair clips. I bought a few for our Little Miss and will surely be buying more.
Most importantly, I've learned about specific prayer needs through blogging. Prayer requests from complete strangers and yet real people with real needs. Our family was so blessed by the many prayers that were uttered on our behalf when our Little Miss was born, many from people we've never met. It's now our turn to pay it forward.

Blog on friends!

4 comments:

liz said...

I agree that blogging fills a lot of needs that facebook does not. How to find the time to keep up with both?!

bendbouquets said...

I agree

Kelly said...

Wow, what a stunning photo of dish soap you have there :) I too love looking at blogs and being inspired - Jessica's cakes are beautiful! I also look at what Pioneer Woman is doing and I plan to make her "Monkey Bread" sometime this week.

Joani said...

I definitely prefer the blogs for whatever reason! And love those hairclips. Can't wait to be getting some of those soon!