Saturday, September 22, 2007

Family night out

We had a fun family outing this evening, riding our bikes downtown, people-watching and eating Italian gelato.
Little Miss rode happily along in her Chariot and was pulled by her favorite knight (a.k.a., "Daddy"). BTW, if anyone is looking for a jogging stroller and/or bike trailer for kiddos, we highly recommend this one. It's pricey but well worth it.

I know that I promised a future blog about my "healthy eating obsession" and let me just say up front, this is not it. Tonight was splurge time and I enjoyed every minute of it. I figure we burned a few calories on the approx. 6 ml bike ride. Of course, I added those back plus some with the gelato. It was worth it though because Little Miss enjoyed a few bites of the tasty treat too. She has now had gelato before she's ever tried American-style ice cream (if you've never had gelato yourself, you've got to try it. Think really yummy, homemade ice cream in a variety of great flavors). What a cultured little girl! ha. ha.

No comments: