This past weekend marked a big milestone for our girl; she showed in her first official horse show! I can't even begin to tell you how special it was for this mama to see my daughter riding Lucky, the same horse that I grew up showing. What a precious memory this will always be. The best part was that she loved every minute of it and even said afterwards, "Mom, I want to show Lucky all of the time just like you did when you were little". Sorry Daddy but you may have a future horse show girl in the making (just keep in mind that the cost is well-worth it to keep her focus off of the boys!).
The Little Miss did a great job holding the reins properly and practiced sitting up straight, keeping her heels down, and shoulders back. So much to think about! Here she is warming up for the class.
Here she is with the rest of the class, lined up after walking on the rail both directions a few rounds. I'm sure Lucky was thinking of the hundreds of times he'd been in this same position.
Talking to the judge, the Little Miss answered with her name and told her she'd just turned five years-old. Such a big girl!
Mission accomplished, her first horse show ribbon and it was even her favorite color...purple!
Great job to our Little Miss and "her" horse Lucky!
2 comments:
Hmmm...aren't there boys at horse shows, too?
Joani, not many, showing horses is by far more girls. Rodeo would be different but I'd draw the line on that one!
Post a Comment