Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Precious Moments

My heart melted the other day. It was during the Little Miss' gymnastics class where I, along with the other parents, sat banned to the viewing area. The kiddos were on the other side of a glass wall, enjoying their gym activities. About half way through the class the Little Miss came through the door, headed straight towards me and planted a big smooch on my cheek as she gave me a hug. She said "I love you!" and then bolted back through the door for her class. Oh, my heart sang!

A few minutes later I heard an older lady talking to the owner of the gym. She said that she'd seen "that little girl go out of the class just to kiss and hug her mommy" and it almost brought her to tears. She recalled the days when her own children thought so highly of her and wishes she could bring back those innocent years.

It was such a reminder for me to enjoy this time in our girl's young life, when she thinks that her mommy and daddy walk on water and can do no wrong. Childhood innocence is fleeting and the day will soon come where we will disappoint her (Regardless of how hard we try, we're only human!). When that day comes, my prayer is that our Little Miss will understand that Jesus alone can walk on water and He truly is able meet all of her needs. In the meantime, I'm sure enjoying these very precious moments!

1 comment:

crochet lady said...

Enjoy those hugs and kiss! I have to twist an arm to get one around here.