Since I couldn't convince the Little Miss to try green eggs and ham, we started off our morning with green tinted yogurt (never mind the fact that it was actually "Greek" yogurt and in no way Irish). We ate green broccoli and cheese quesadillas for lunch (I know, only my daughter would eat that!). For dinner we're going to try Joani's Apple & Brown Sugar Corned Beef and this Irish Soda Bread, ending the evening with green frosted peppermint brownie bites. Since we're not beer drinkers and don't tend to celebrate the way the Irish do on this day, maybe we'll be adventurous and try tinting our milk green. Opa! (Oh wait, that's also Greek).
7 comments:
Good for you for making the corned beef. I love that stuff, but when I made our grocery list for this week I totally forgot it was St. Patrick's Day this week!
Joani, It turned out great, thanks for posting the recipe! I think you posted it a couple of years ago right? I meant to make it last year but forgot myself. We'll be making that a Wagner family tradition now too! Also, we did end up tinting our milk green and also ate mini brownie's with green frosting (I've not had this much sugar in months!).
How did the Soda bread turn out? When we were in N.Ireland you could buy these soda bread sandwiches - Oh My Word, SO GOOD! I have been wanting to try and make some here...
The Irish actually pay little attention to St. Pat's day. He was a SAINT after all. They have scads of those. And they certainly would not think of tinting their beer green. Only in America!
Dani - The soda bread was yummy! I'd not had it so I have nothing to compare it to but we enjoyed it!
Mel - The Irish just don't know what they're missing! Not that I think they should be tinting their beer, but it was fun to try green milk (a bit odd at the same time but something I'd do again, at least as long as the Little Miss keeps enjoying it!).
Green milk? Hmmmm . . . Nothing yellow though, right? ;)
Holidays are definitely more fun with kids. At story time on Wednesday, we read books about green things, watched Green Eggs and Ham, made green shamrocks and ate green rice krispy bars. It was fun!
Post a Comment