Sunday, May 3, 2009

Splat!

I am happy to report that I successfully faced one of my worst (semi) fears today. No, I didn't lose a loved one and no one was hurt in the process. The dreaded situation that I was forced to encounter was becoming the personal "dropping" post for a bird. Crazy, total irrational fear? 100% agreed. Real? Completely. (In my defense, who ever said I was rational?).

Though I've dreaded the experience for as long as I can remember, I knew it was bound to happen some day (considering that we have hundreds of geese in the fields near our home all winter long). Today was the day. Our small family had just headed out for a leisurely stroll when suddenly I felt it, the sense of something hitting me from above.

How did I respond? Exactly as you'd imagine the ever-so-slightly-dramatic-one that I can be. A man walking across the street seemed to get a good laugh. I was personally proud of the fact that I didn't cry or scream (too loud). When I told Mr. Wagner that I thought I was handling it better than I'd expected, he replied, "Ummmm...yeah. Reeeeally, well."

I did learn a lesson out of this; There is always something to be thankful for regardless of the "mess" of a situation. Today, I was sure thankful it wasn't a whole flock of geese.

6 comments:

crochet lady said...

Sorry, hope it was a fast clean up. I got pooped on by a sea gull one time when we were by Lake Michigan. It fell plop right on my head. I had to shampoo in the shower a couple of times to get it out.

Jodiferkay said...

Thankfully we were really close to the house so it wasn't bad at all. It landed inside the collar of my jacket so I didn't even have to touch it...if I had, I probably WOULD have cried! :)

Mel G. said...

Jodi, bird poop, baby poop - explain to me the difference??????

Jodiferkay said...

Mel - I MUCH prefer baby "poo poo" (as the Little Miss likes to say), at least MY baby's (it's a bit different if it's someone elses child). :) Here's a good summary: Ducks = Birds = GROSS! (truthfully I do like REAL Ducks, just couldn't miss the UO correlation for Jack's sake!). Not sure Beaver poo poo is any better though. :)

Mel G. said...

I believe we have gone over the edge. Way too much"poo-poo" conversation! YIKES!

Jodiferkay said...

Mel - It's the potty training I tell you! :)