Some of you are already aware that I've been trying for a couple of years to compile a cookbook for family and close friends. Several of you have even been promised a copy of the book-to-be for Christmas, two years in a row! For those of you wanting to know the latest status, I must confess...I've still not gotten far. It seems to be like my personal goal to get fit, an alluring and yet eluding endeavor.
I've not given up hope and am still continuing to gather recipes. That's my problem. It's not that I'm just a procrastinator (which can be true), in this case I can't seem to move past the ongoing search and testing of yummy recipes. While I have been typing and formatting all of the recipes for months now, it's still a work-in-progress and will take a lot more time and effort before it's complete.
So, for now...I'll leave you with links to some of our family's favorite recipes, all from one of my favorite sources, Allrecipes.com:
Chicken Cordon Bleu II - So yummy! I don't always make the "gravy". When I do, I use fat-free half and half rather than heavy cream.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Taco Soup - My favorite "go to" winter meal. Love, love, love it for both the taste and ease. It does include a lot of canned ingredients so I like to use the "lower sodium" versions whenever possible.
Ham and Potato Soup - A great way to use up left-over ham. I don't bother to peel the potatoes and like to add carrots and a pinch or two of rosemary.
Health Nut Blueberry Muffins - Just beware, you should probably warn your Father-in-Law that these have a lot of bran in them before he eats seven, all within a couple of hours (I'm told that they worked!). These have a lot of ingredients but once you have everything on hand, they really are easy!
Apple Hermit Cookies - These are soft, chewy cookies that taste a bit like a molasses cookie with apple. They aren't the prettiest but are sure hard to stop eating!
Clone of a Cinnabon - These scrumptious cinnamon rolls are for special occasions (definitely not health food). Delicious!
Happy Cooking!
(I am most interested in finding recipes from family and friends to include in the cookbook. If you have any family favorites that you haven't already shared and are interested, please let me know. If they are included, I would be happy to share a copy of the cookbook...when it is finished!).
2 comments:
Getting together a recipe book can be quite a task. Thanks for the yummy links!
We had everyone give us a recipe when they RSVPed for our wedding. It was great to have so many recipes from many different people.
Post a Comment