20 years ago…
- I was a Freshman and a cheerleader in high school
- My big bro was a Senior at the same school (my parents called me his "biggest fan". Whatever.)
- I was riding and showing my horse a lot
10 years ago…
- I was almost done with grad school though my thesis still loomed
- I was the Y2K Project Manager for a healthcare system
- I drove a dark purple Dodge Neon (don’t judge me too harshly, it was much better than my first car, a Subaru Brat)
Five years ago…
- I’d just moved back from the Seattle area
- I was a Director of Information Technology for the healthcare system I’d worked at previously
- I started dating my future hubby
3 years ago…
- We were married and were thinking about starting a family
- We bought our first house
- We spent our first Christmas in the Midwest with Mr. Wagner's side of our family
2 years ago…
- Our Little Miss was almost 4 months old though she was supposed to have been only 1 month
- We were HUGELY blessed by God during the biggest trial of our lives to date
- We were not getting a lot of sleep
1 year ago…
- Mr. Wagner started a new job and we were thankful he would now have a short commute
- Little Miss was learning to walk
- I was (and still am) working part-time as an IT Manager
Today…
- I absolutely love being a mom and am really enjoying the toddler stage, however…
- I am not looking forward to potty training and admit I have been procrastinating
- We still have the same horse I had 20 years ago and I am excited that our girl now enjoys riding him
This Coming Year…
I don’t yet know the rest of the story but as for me, “I will trust in the Lord and say, He is my God and my times are in His hands” (paraphrased from Psalm 31: 14-15).
2 comments:
I loved reading this and it made me realize that we've been friends for almost 20 years! I'm so thankful that you started this blog, so I get to see what you and your family are up to on a regular basis. Don't fret about the little miss and potty training -- I hate potty training, but it must be done, and when it's finally over, you forget all about it. My experience has been that girls do MUCH better than boys, so maybe you'll be lucky and she'll get it quickly. And I kind of miss the BRAT -- wasn't that a perfect, unique car for a teenager?
I enjoyed reading this Jodi! I didn't know you had lived in the Seattle area for a while, or that you have had the same horse for 20 years. It's good to catch up on what you have been doing and seeing photos of your daughter is a delight. She is beautiful!
By the way, perhaps you "stole" the idea from my blog, but I "stole" it from another blog so it's all good!
Post a Comment