Do you ever just have one of those weeks? You know, THOSE weeks, the ones that seem to last…and last…and last? The kind that zap every ounce of energy that you may have had at the beginning and by the end, you’re surviving on every last drop of caffeine that you can find.
This week, and last, have been THOSE sorts of weeks. Nothing extraordinarily bad has happened (PTL!), and life really is good. The energy sucker right now is that work has been a bit rough (to say the least). As a manager, it’s hard when your budget and major projects get cut and you have to share the bad news with a team that you care about. I do enjoy my job but this part, oh boy, not so much.
This lack of energy calls for extreme measures to recuperate; Shopping trip here I come!
My mom is up for a visit and we are taking the Little Miss to the Big City tomorrow for an outing. I’m not actually planning to buy much, I'm just convinced that the mere presence of a mall will help (there’s something about the XX chromosome combination and the need to just browse a store from time to time). Dessert at the Cheesecake Factory can't hurt either.
Happy Friday to y'all!
(Ummm...Honey? Where did you hide my credit card?)
1 comment:
We all need a little break now and then and the 'girl' time sounds fun! Enjoy yourself and cheesecake - yummy.
Post a Comment