In all seriousness, while it's nice to no longer resemble the Clampets, it did feel like a chapter in our lives was coming to a close with the sale. I can still remember the days where I'd see that little red truck passing by and would realize that the man I had a crush on was near. Oh well, guess I can still have a crush on him, even if he is driving a Ford.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Special Tribute to an Old Friend
In the midst of my excitement about our future equestrian yesterday, I neglected to pay tribute to Mr. Wagner's old, faithful friend. Many of you who know my hubby will feel the pain as you realize yet another part of our college days has been put to rest. The "Red Racer" has a new home, may he R.I.P.
Twelve years and many-a-mile were logged in that old truck, including the long trip from AK to OR. This special chunk a' metal faithfully accomplished a two-hour daily work commute for over four years with no major incident. We can only hope his new owner will be kind.
In lieu of flowers, please leave a "comment" with your own memories if you'd like to help pay tribute to the Red Racer. No phone calls for the next couple of days please. Mr. Wagner needs time to process the loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, seriously?! Man, I think I'm going to cry! This is almost as devastating as when Eddie Patrick Fish died. Dude Nate, I feel for you man. Hang in there. The new truck will last you at least a month or two...after that it will prolly be in the shop since its a FORD and all! ;-)
Post a Comment