Today however, I admit...I tattled.
Hubby has had to listen to my grumbling on a daily basis for the past week. The first thing he's been hearing out of my mouth when he walks in the door hasn't been a welcoming "Hi Honey, how's your day been? Dinner's on the table. I love you. Can I help you take your shoes off? Bring you anything to drink?" (Wait, let's get real. Even on my best of days, I'd have to be heavily medicated for all those words to pass through these lips at any one time).
Instead, Mr. Wagner has been bombarded with "is IT still there?" and an "Ugh!!!" after he responds affirmatively.
I didn't want to do it but my mind kept ruminating on thoughts of the expensive, monthly "home owners association fees" that our neighborhood is charged for just these sort of things. I finally caved. Yes, I confess, it is I who submitted a "confidential covenant rules violation form" (i.e., I complained).
Dear Neighbors, I really am sorry and don't mean any ill feelings. It is a pretty color of blue. It's just not meant for your front door (at least not when the rest of us have to follow the "approved" earth-tone color scheme).
If you truly like it, please don't let my opinion interfere with your creativity. Keep it if you must. I'll turn my cheek and look the other way. After all, it's not like you painted it bright green and yellow.
7 comments:
When I first looked at this post I figured that must have been some sort of crazy under-coat for a red door and you were waiting for Nate to finish the door. That is a crazy color! I think Mark would be asked the same question every day, too, if that was our case =).
Joani - Thanks for affirming that I'm not just crazy or too overly picky! Believe me, it's even brighter in person. Speaking of a red door, I have been wanting to paint ours a deep, dark red but am now afraid of the color turning out wrong! I think I'll need to wait a few months to build up my courage.
Wow, at least the entire house is not that color. Is this across the street from you? Well, it is sort of sky blue. Perhaps they were just trying to brighten up the neighborhood during this dreary spring. I am assuming the "green and yellow" comment was secretly aimed at our favorite Duck! I'll have to tell him to read your blog, see how long it takes him to comment.
Mel - Of COURSE the green/yellow comment was aimed at our favorite Duck fan. :)
oooh...that goes right along with the Easter Egg Green colored house across the street! Not kidding! If I could post a picture I would. Not sure what some people are thinking. Certain colors just don't belong on houses...or their front doors!!!
And WHAT would be wrong with Green and Yellow? Thunder Green and Lightning Yellow would certainly add a dynamic touch to the the neighborhood. Road cone Orange and Asphalt Black would make people think the door was a detour.
Go Ducks!
Some people complain about HOA's, but this is precisely why they exist (to help maintain property values and hopefully peace among the neighbors).
Now Jodi - does this inspire you to get working on that backyard?
Post a Comment