Ah, to live for a day like the Clampets. I'm sure our neighbors are jealous. They too would like numerous vehicles but alas, they lost out, ours have already taken over the street-side curbs. Now, if only we could get our own sitcom.
(Oh, don't fret all you environmentally aware citizens who might be worried about our excessive gas consumption and exhaust fumes. Our fame is only going to last for a day. Mr. Hubby's former commute-mobile has actually been sold and the new owners are picking it up tonight. The red truck is listed so hopefully it will find a new home soon. A good thing I guess because our homeowners association would have come knocking. Somewhat of a bummer though because a sitcom would have been fun. I'd been exercising my hand to prepare for those autographs "y'all would'a been askin' fur").
4 comments:
Hi Jod-eee,
If you don't get any offers on the pick-up, you might consider donating it. I donated my old car back in 04, because there was so little re-sale value to it. Plus, I used it as a tax deduction. LOVE Inc. accepts cars, fixes them, then gives them to needy individuals.
Tim-ee, Good idea, thanks! We've had a couple of responses and will give it a couple of weeks. If no takers soon, we'll talk more to Jack about Love, inc.
I think Norma Van Schevlin (sp?) is still the director. I called them and talked to them. Jack will probably say to call them if you're interested. I loved that it was so hassle free (bring the title and sign it over and leave it).
As Tim wrote, Love INC (Love In the Name of Christ, Benton County) does take cars. Wilma Van Schelven is the Exec. Director. The office phone number is 757-1311. I'm not saying you guys need to donate the truck...just thought I'd post this info for anyone reading this thread.
Post a Comment