With the weather cooling down to more reasonable temperatures, we couldn't resist the sunshine and had to make a trip out to the horse barn. I saddled up and got on Lucky. With our friend Theresa's help, the Little Miss was soon aboard as well. She wasn't entirely sure about the view at first but quickly settled down and started smiling and waving from her high post.
This momma was quite proud of her daughter and her horse. Lucky didn't care one iota about having us both on his back and was most concerned about trying to sneak in a bite of grass. I couldn't help but think back to the 3 month-old colt he was when I first got him. The old guy is now 23 and yet is still in great shape. What a blessing to have my own daughter getting to learn to ride on the very same horse!
I forgot to take a camera (of course) but will definitely take pictures the next time. Here are just a few from past trips to the barn.
Playing in the wash rack (Spring, 2008)
Not too sure about that hairy "beast" (Summer, 2007)
Meeting Lucky for the first time (Early Spring, 2007)
2 comments:
Caption reads, "Not too sure about that hairy "beast" (Summer, 2007)"
Jodi, that's no way to refer to "Mr. Wagner!" (HeeHeeHee)
Jack - Oh, you're right. Guess we DO need marriage counseling...ha, ha. ;)
Post a Comment