Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Sign of True Friendship

Not to boast but I sure do have faithful girlfriends (just to clarify in case there's any confusion, this is Mrs. Wagner writing!).

It's not simply that I can rely on my closest girlfriends for prayer, support, words of encouragement, or laughter. It's not even about the fun times of mountain-biking, running, shopping or talking together. All of that is fine and dandy but do you know what the real test of friendship is? It's when they'll eat your cooking, no matter what.

To read and visualize more about my cooking expertise, click here. Just a disclaimer, I'm certain that Joani used Photoshop to edit the picture. Didn't you know that the software has "clumping" edit capabilities?

Oh well, I guess I'd better let go of my dream of being hired as a cook at the Melting Pot. I did read somewhere that adding a few drops of lemon juice to cheese fondue helps to keep it smooth. I was just too lazy to take it with me. Plus, I was certain that adding extra cheese would do nothing but make it taste better. Taste good, yes. Texture smooth? Definitely not. Lesson learned.

Thanks gals for being polite and eating it regardless. What an example of true friendship!

1 comment:

Joani said...

Yes it tasted great - and it really wasn't that clumpy until it cooled quite a bit! It was much smoother when it was warm. It was our own fault for eating it out of ramekins rather than the pot! :)