About a month ago I started praying about moving Lucky closer to home, a major change considering he'd been at the same barn for over 13 years. One day I stopped by a nice horse boarding facility that is en route to our girl's school. I was certain that it would be more expensive than what we were currently paying (let's just say that horse board is about equal to what most college students pay for room and board) but was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was actually a little less. It was icing on the cake to find out the barn is owned by a veterinarian (a huge benefit having a doctor handy considering Lucky is 27). Of course they had no openings and told me they rarely do but agreed to put my name on a waiting list in the event something opened up.
Off I went thinking they would never call back and certain if they did, that it wouldn't be for a long time. I kept praying about it though, asking God to open the doors if it was His will and if it would be a good thing for Lucky and our family. I practically danced when just a week later I got a call saying that a stall had opened up!
We moved Lucky in a week ago and it has been a HUGE blessing to get to see him almost every day. The Little Miss is learning to muck his stall (and even likes it!), and we are both loving that we get to see and ride him regularly. Lucky seems to like his new stall because it also has an all-weather paddock attached (a little "run" so he can be inside or outside). The final confirmation that we made the right decision to move him came for me a few days later when we ran into the owner of the barn at our church's Harvest Carnival. Come to find out that she goes to our same church and has for the past 14 years! Such a small world.
I still remember the night when I was 11 years-old that I prayed I would win this horse. God answered. And He did it again.
| The new barn |
| Enjoying his new home |
| Nice big indoor arena plus there is an outdoor all-weather arena |
| Love the views right from the barn |
| This is what I get to look at when riding in the arena |
1 comment:
That's great Jody, God does give us the desires of our heart. And he knows what we really need in our lives.
Post a Comment