Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mother/Daughter Reunion

The Little Miss and I enjoyed a fun mother/daughter weekend trip to Seattle with two of my closest girlfriends from high school. It has been 20 years (yikes!) since Amy, Rebecca and I graduated but we all quickly connected and our girls had a wonderful time. We had the weekend scheduled before we realized our 20 year class reunion fell at the same time so we celebrated in our own way. I must say my friends still look gorgeous and are even more lovely on the inside. Not to mention that they are both terrific moms with two of the sweetest four year-olds (the girls' birthdays are just a day a part).

Amy, Rebecca and I with our girls enjoying Pikes Market
The girls got along wonderfully and had a great time being silly!

Our 2nd cupcake stop of the weekend, Cupcakes Royale was the best!
We also took the girls (and their dolls) to dinner at the American Girl store, a big hit with all of them but most especially our own Little Miss. She was beaming as she shared a pretend drink with her own AG Rebekah doll. A vastly different celebration than those at our actual 20 year reunion were having, but one that I wouldn't have traded for the world.

No comments: