Monday, March 12, 2012

Follow In Their Footsteps

Cara Lynn and Cynthia taking a short break doing one of the things they do best...chat.

When I think of people who have had the most influence in my life these two wonderful ladies are right there near the top. Cara Lynn and Cynthia both discipled (mentored) me over the years starting my senior year of college when I joined the college group at a local church. Being that I stayed for graduate school and am now still living in the same town, they have had the opportunity to have a LONG impact. While I don't see Cynthia often these days, I am still so thankful for her teaching me to truly study the Word, to disciple other women and to lead bible studies. "Grandma Cara Lynn" is still one of my nearest and dearest friends and has listened to me, cried with me, prayed with me and enjoyed life with me for years. Not to mention that for the past five years she has been watching the Little Miss one day/week while I am at work. I love this woman. These ladies have had a major impact in the lives of hundreds (even thousands!) of women, including most of my closest friends. They are such examples for the importance of taking the time to invest in others and to share the love of Christ. I can only hope and pray that I will be able to follow in their footsteps.

No comments: