Sunday, February 26, 2012

Girl Sorts Of Fun

This was a weekend filled of girl sorts of fun for Yours Truly. On Saturday I jump-started my birthday month celebration a little early by joining my good friend Jennifer for lunch and spa manicures (her birthday is in February so we had a joint-celebration). After returning home the Little Miss and I enjoyed watching her favorite movie of the moment, Princess Diaries 2. I ended my evening watching a rerun of Say Yes To The Dress. Don't worry, Mr. Wagner balanced out all the estrogen in our house by changing the oil in his truck and watching a truck-building TV show. He also ended the day watching a manly aviator movie (after helping me to pick out a favorite wedding dress on the show I was watching but don't tell him that you heard that here).



My favorite event of the weekend was taking our girl on a mommy/daughter date to see a local high school's production of Annie. Our own curly haired girl sure loved the singing and dancing and we enjoyed sharing the outing with our friends Joani and Allison. For me it brought back memories of my own (very short lived) theatrical career in high school where I was in the musical South Pacific. My favorite choir friend Liz and I even had solos...granted they were one line each but I dare say we were truly Oscar worthy.

1 comment:

liz said...

Hey, you mentioned me! That is such a fun memory. Maybe someday I can come see your little miss onstage. I actually am hoping to make a Portland trip in the next couple of years to see you -- can't believe I've never met her!