Sunday, March 6, 2011

You're Only As Old...

Yes, I am officially turning another year older this week. While I'm not exactly dreading this new-age-to-be, I do miss the earlier years when I actually looked forward to my birthday with excited anticipation. Those years ended around 25...yes, that was a LONG time ago. These days I am starting to push the top of the hill but am not quite over it. I'm leaving that to my brother who crosses the top as he celebrates his birthday the day after mine...happy birthday OLDER Bro!

Speaking of aging, I have been realizing lately that I am no longer in a "cool" age...that realization hits you like a ton of bricks over and over again when you live in a college town. I am definitely not up with the latest trends or pop culture. I don't get carded (not to mention I'm so uncool that the only alcohol I buy is usually for cooking). I had to up my weight on my driver's license which just had to be renewed (so what that I fibbed even in my 20's about my weight...doesn't everyone?!). I am even starting to have to add "all over color" to my hair to better hide the grays {gulp!}. Oh well...I have decided:

(And since I really do tend to forget how old I am, I'm going to be in my mid-20's for a long time to come!)

4 comments:

JuRita said...

haha.. i think my license says I am 20 lbs lighter than I actually am! I will fix it one of these days too. BTW: from what I remember you are VERY young!;) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Mel G. said...

Happy Birthday dear! Old? You? Afraid not KID! Of course, if 50 is the new 30, that would make me younger then you! Ha! Love the new "math". Hope you got to celebrate some. I know everyone there is in some stage of sick. And when you all get well i should come babysit Little Miss so you and the Mister can have a nite out.

Jodiferkay said...

JuRita - Too funny...as for being young, I distinctly remember someone saying several years ago when she was in shock hearing how "old" I was then, "But you don't even have any wrinkles!". I don't know who that would be however if you tell me I have wrinkles NOW you will be in SERIOUS trouble! :)

Mel - I like your new math...works for me! Yes, we are so ready to be done being sick. Seems like we get better then worse...then better. We're on an up cycle today so hopefully? Would love a date night once we are all better. Certainly don't want to get a certain Duck sick though.

JuRita said...

that is why I left a little "wink wink" smile face on my comment. I couldn't remember what I said, but i knew it was something that you will never let me forget!!... haha hey... wrinkles are now, I believe, something to embrace (not that you have any!!!)..mine are coming in like a storm!
love you Jodi!
BTW: like your blonde hair... at least I think that was you in front of me at church.

hugs!