Thursday, March 17, 2011

Now That's Green!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

I fully intended to take a picture of the Little Miss like this to celebrate the day and compare how much she has changed in a year but sadly I never got around to it. We did celebrate with Irish Stew and green mint-chocolate ice cream sandwiches this past weekend. This morning the Little Miss and I had green eggs and green milk (Mr. Wagner "lucked" out because he had already eaten). Tonight our House Church (a.k.a., home fellowship group) enjoyed a dinner of corned beef, cabbage, Shepard's pie (I think that's actually British but it's close), and green mini-cupcakes. So delish! The best part of the day was seeing a complete rainbow in the sky (for real). It disappeared before I could tell if there were leprechauns or a pot-of-gold at either end.

Speaking of St. Patrick's day, one of my memories of the holiday is when I was in Chicago for a work-related conference years ago. I had heard of the tradition of dying the Chicago River green but was not expecting the color to be quite so vibrant looking. They say it's not toxic but one can't help but wonder?! Regardless, it is sure a sight to see!

2 comments:

Jack G. said...

Love that GREEN river!

Jodiferkay said...

Jack - you would! :)