Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A New Tradition

The Little Miss and I officially started a new Wagner family tradition with the inaugural "PJ Day". What is PJ Day, you ask? It's a holiday that must be celebrated at least one time a month when all participants are feeling perfectly healthy. The appropriate way to celebrate consists of going nowhere, staying home, having nothing scheduled, not being overly productive, playing hard, reading lots of books, watching movies while snacking on popcorn, not getting ready, and yes...wearing your pajama's all day long. Please don't misunderstand, there are (somewhat frequent) days that we choose to just stay home and don't put a lot of effort into getting ready but this holiday is special because it must be premeditated. Earlier in the week we came up with the idea and today, we purposely enjoyed our first official "PJ Day" where we stayed home, unkempt, all day long. It was wonderfully relaxing and a tradition that we would highly recommend.

(The PJ's pictured above aren't ones we own but I like the saying and aren't they cute? Thinking we may need to pick these up for the Little Miss on our next Gymboree outing. I didn't post actual pictures from our day as I wanted to spare you the visual image of our real "looks" since we took the holiday seriously and neither of us even had our hair combed. Let's just say we were glad no one rang the doorbell and if they had, it would have gone unanswered!)

2 comments:

Mel G. said...

GREAT idea. Gotta figure out how to do this one. But really, how cute would those pics be to those of us who love you both and would be the only ones to see! Next time, pull out the camera. We won't tell!

Joani said...

LOVE the idea. And Allison does have those pajamas for this summer. I couldn't resist the saying! I've loved all the PJ's I've seen this spring! Even the adult ones....and now you've given us an excuse to wear them even more.