Just wanted to let you all know that I still have more opinions to share on the Power of Parenting topic but we're taking a brief intermission (Me, have more opinions? Big surprise, I know). We had a fantastic weekend with some "old" friends visiting so I took time off from the blogsphere to enjoy their company.
All that to say, the "week" of Power of Parenting as our theme is going to extend into at least one more week. Hope you all are still awake when this is done and that I'll not have offended too many! Stay tuned...
3 comments:
Loved your last blog on marriage, but you forgot to include that it is always the man's fault. If something is not good in the marriage or with the kids it all falls back on the leader of the house. Believe it or not, but it is Biblical!
Interesting take Sam! I agree the man is called to be the leader for sure and that's it's much easier for women to live out our role when they are doing that. At the same time, I definitely think that we are also accountable for our actions and it takes both men and women working together, with Christ's leading, to make it all work.
Unfortunately I can't take credit for that one. Wish I could. That was straight from Pastor Loren's study on marriage as we studied men dieing to themselves like Jesus for His bride. We also studied both roles in depth. Didn't get to the parenting stuff, but that will be for next retreat. :)
Post a Comment