
In addition to people-watching, street musicians, and a festival-like atmosphere, the bushels and baskets of fresh, organic produce are dreamy. Today's purchases included cherry tomatoes, a sweet cucumber, leafy green spinach, fingerling potatoes, carrots, zucchini, a sweet onion, fresh corn, strawberries, and a bag of roasted hazelnuts. We can't forget the soft whole wheat pretzel we snacked on while shopping. I look forward to that tasty treat each time we go!
The only thing better would be the ability to grow and make all of this ourselves. Then again, that would take a lot of time...dirt...and work (Not to mention actually having a green thumb and extra land). While we are planning to attempt a small garden next year, we'll always look forward to our local Farmer's Market visits!
3 comments:
It is a lot of work growing veggies, but it is nice to harvest and eat something that you've grown. It is nice you have a farmers market to go to, the produce looks great!
Hey, you know, growing things in a garden as opposed to pots and containers on the porch just might work out better!
Mel - I doubt it! Amazingly though, this year I've managed to keep the pot of pansies and marigolds on our front porch alive. I've heard those are both hearty flowers, that must be the truth! :)
Post a Comment