Monday, September 15, 2008

Birthday Letter 2008


Dear Little Miss,

Today you turn 2 years-old, happy birthday beautiful girl!
No matter what they say about the “terrible twos”, you are an absolute joy to both your Daddy and I. You still have the same sweet, gentle spirit that’s been evident since you were born. In many ways, I'd like to bottle you up and keep you at this age!

My Child, every day is a blessing with you. I love to wake up to your smiling face. I love that you are a “Daddy’s girl” through and through. I love your sweet smile, dimple and dark curly hair. I love watching your social and "girly" personality develop. I love the sound of your voice and am so excited by the new words you are speaking every day. Most of all, I love that you are a reminder about how much Jesus loves us. You are beyond our wildest dreams and are better than any gift we could have imagined.

You will always be our “Miracle Girl”. Satan may have wanted to take you the day you were born but Jesus intervened. He has an incredible plan for your life. I don’t know exactly what that looks like but I know without a doubt that God's created you for something very, very, special.

I pray regularly for you and believe that's my calling as your mom. I'm asking Him to make you into a woman who seeks Jesus first. I pray that He'll give you much love and joy in your life. I'm also praying that He will give you spiritual gifts of:

  1. Faithfulness (“For we walk by faith, not by sight,” 2 Corn 5:7; “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths,” Prov 3:5-6),
  2. Compassion (“Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world,” James 1:27),
  3. Kindness (“..Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those to spitefully use you...Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.” (Luke 6:27-31).

Finally, the verse God laid on my heart for you this year is: “Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying “This is the way, walk in it,”” (Isaiah 30:21). May your ears always be attuned to the voice of Jesus and your feet ready to walk the path He has prepared for you.

I love you my Little Miss!

Mom

P.S. I’m hoping to start a tradition with this letter. The goal is to write each year on your birthday to share a glimpse of why you are so special and to let you know what God has been laying on my heart specifically for you.

No comments: