
Instead, it is the stress of normal L.I.F.E. In one week, our small family has had one job interview, 3 doctors appointments and 2 Physical Therapy appointments all on top of our normal daily activities and work. Add preparing for the upcoming holidays, needing to clean a messy house and dealing with a backlog of laundry and "POOF!" my brain cells start to vaporize. All of you moms out there with more than one kiddo, I don't know how you do it this time of year. I have total admiration for each of you.
All this "busy-ness" has reminded me to step back and sit quietly for a moment. To listen to what Jesus really wants us to reflect on during the holiday season. To remember that Christmas really is about Him coming in human form, as a child born to the virgin Mary, to later die on the cross and be raised up again so that we may have eternal life.
I still have a lot to get done before Christmas approaches (I'm always such a procrastinator when it comes to Christmas shopping). I'm sure I'll continue to have moments of anxiety due to all my "to do's". Many of you are probably feeling likewise. Even in all of this, let's do our best to remind each other to slow down, focus on Jesus and enjoy this holiday season.
1 comment:
This is such a good post, Jodi. There's a terrible irony about everyone's hustle and bustle -- we forget what it's all about. I'm trying to think of as many ways as possible to remind my children that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus Christ -- we wouldn't be celebrating were it not for that.
Post a Comment