Thursday, January 16, 2014

Kicking Off 2014

2014 is in full speed and we are still working on unpacking and decorating (and will be for awhile). Our house is already starting to feel like "home" though and we LOVE the location. The commute to our girl's school is less than 5 minutes (far better than the almost 25 minutes each way that it used to be!). We have wonderful neighbors with several kids and the Little Miss really enjoys playing with her new friends. We also like the big trees, especially after having lived in a neighborhood without a lot of them. We did however have a few flying branches during the big windstorm last weekend.


View from the front of our house...lots of trees!
We celebrated Papa's (my dad) 70th birthday with a surprise party last week. We had a terrific time with family and also got to reconnect with an old friend (Tom) and his family who we hadn't seen in years. Tom was like an uncle to my brother and I when we were growing up and often joined our family on fishing and hunting vacations. I had not seen Tom since I graduated from high school (a LONG time ago). Thanks to Google for helping us track him down!
"Old" friends reunited: Tom (far left), Uncle Jim, and Papa
Finally, Mr. Wagner and his brother turned another year older this week as well. I won't get specific on their age but suffice it to say, they are advancing. I sure do love my Mr. Wagner and have to say, he just keeps getting more handsome every year. I am so thankful God chose me to be his Mrs...I couldn't have asked for a better husband or father for our little girl.

No comments: