Sunday, September 15, 2013

Blooming



Dear Little Miss,

It amazes me to think that you turned 7 years old today. Wow. You are becoming quite the young lady. A true blessing to your parents and so many others. Your kind heart, joyful spirit, desire to be right yet strong dislike of being in trouble (a trait your parents sure do appreciate and hope carries on into your teen years!), your contagious laughter and beautiful smile...you shine the light of Christ to everyone around you.

As I think back on the first day that you entered this earth 7 years ago, I am overwhelmed. It used to be that I was overwhelmed with questions of "why?" and feelings of failure and grief because both your parents missed out on your first moments (I was "sleeping" at the time and your daddy was driving like a mad man to race from work to the hospital which was several hours away). It took me your first few birthdays to not be overwhelmed with reminders of those trials.

Today, on your 7th birthday, my heart was not overwhelmed with those thoughts. They came to mind some but much less so. Today, I was overwhelmed with thankfulness to be able to hold our precious 7 year-old beauty in my arms. To be your mommy. To stand beside you in church and worship Jesus together. To finally feel like God made even those first moments precious. Moments that I wouldn't trade or do differently. Moments that years down the road, will make you even stronger.

You, My Girl, had to be a fighter from your first breath. You didn't give up. Most of all, GOD didn't give up on you. He has amazing plans in store for you Sweet Child. Plans that I am excited to get to be a part of. I am honored to watch you bloom.

I love you more than words can say, forever and forever.

Mama

Photo courtesy of the amazing Joani Curtis

No comments: