For the sake of keeping it "real", I have to confess that I accomplished a new milestone today. Before I tell you what that may be Dear Reader, I must first ask you to reserve judgement. In my defense, I'll blame my parents. In actuality, they were looking out for my well-being by keeping me from accomplishing this when I was younger (and instead assigning the chore to my older brother). They knew that I had a tendency towards clumsiness and wanted to prevent any potential mishaps, including the loss of life and limb. Now...what is the great milestone that I accomplished today for the first time EVER? I mowed the lawn!!!
(Oh, there you go...judging, judging, judging. Now it's your turn to confess!).
No worries about what others may think about how long it's taken me to accomplish this feat because most important of all, I made Mr. Wagner quite proud. While he's in the great country to the north of us working away, the Little Miss and I have been tending to the house and yard. Though he didn't ask, I got the sudden urge this morning to try my hand at the lawn, wanting to leave it as well-kept as possible for my hubby who has worked hard to keep it looking so nice. Mission accomplished!
(Do I have to admit that it's not like I had to operate a high powered gas mower? We have an easy-to-use manual mower but that's besides the point. Bottom-line is that the lawn is cut and my digits are not!).
4 comments:
Well, good for you!
O Jodi, need to fix the typo. No one really wants to be known as "Dear Rear". I think anyway!
Oh my gravy Mel, you are right! Not a typo I meant to make...too funny. It's corrected!
It was funny. Oh, by the way, nicely done on taking on a new adventure in yardwork! And you didn't lose any essential parts!
Post a Comment