Monday, May 3, 2010

Extended Arms

Just a quick update from the Wagner household...things have been busy the past few months and have just quadrupled in "busy-ness". Yours Truly traveled to Missouri last week for work and then got a hefty surprise upon my return. I was told that I would be overseeing another team at work (with 40 people and counting) on an interim basis. Needless to say, I've been feeling overwhelmed and am doing a lot of praying about how to get to a better family-work-life balance (wanting to be much more heavy on the "family" side of things!). I am thankful this is only temporary but it can't be over soon enough from my perspective (poor Mr. Wagner agrees since the added stress certainly doesn't help his wife's temperament!).

All of which leads me to what I've been mulling over lately...Isn't it awesome to know that no matter what our "life" situation, God is in control? I love that He is right there beside us with extended arms, just waiting for us to reach out and allow Him to carry our burdens.

Jesus, carry away!...and Calgon, take me away!
_____________________________________________________

Post-Update (5/4/10): A friend reminded me today that I shared a prayer request at our home fellowship group a few weeks ago about being too self-reliant and that I felt I needed to be better about giving things over to God. To think that many people wonder if God is truly faithful to answer our prayers (even when we should obviously think twice about what we are asking for)! Lesson learned.

1 comment:

Mel G. said...

You crack me up. We are praying for you all. If you need anything you know where to find us.