We woke early the morning we left for our Midwest family vacation in order to catch the airport shuttle from our hotel. Being the careful, meticulous people that we are, we had our girl set to go and our luggage ready to load just as the driver arrived. Mr. Wagner then rushed back to our hotel room to lug the car seat down while Yours Truly gave our excessive luggage to the driver to load. We all settled into the full shuttle and minutes later, were unloaded like a herd of cattle at the terminal. It was only during the commotion of unloading that we realized that we'd left our sole carry-on bag in the lobby of the hotel (OK, I admit...it was actually me who left the bag). Mr. Wagner was kind enough to keep the blame to a minimum as he jumped back into the shuttle to retrieve the bag while the Little Miss and I stayed to check into the flight.
Little did we know at the time that God had a plan all along. As Mr. Wagner was profusely apologizing to the driver on their way back to the hotel, the driver replied something to the effect of "Oh, don't worry about it. You can only imagine the things that people leave. I've had to go back to the hotel to retrieve wedding rings...you name it!".
Wedding rings? Really? Ummmm...Mr. Wagner looked down suddenly realizing that he'd taken his off in the hotel room and it was not on his finger. Yesiree, I like to think that God allowed my bag-forgetting-mishap just so my dear hubby would have the opportunity to go back and retrieve his symbol of wedded bliss. It was a good thing because Mr. Wagner couldn't exactly hold a grudge when he got back to the airport...
Don't you just love when God shows His sense of humor?
(As for the flight, yes indeed, we all still made it on time).
2 comments:
Oh wow. I am so grateful God is with us in the details of life. That mishap was indeed a little blessing in disguise. I bet there are so many times that really happens in our lives with other things, that we probably won't have a clue about, till someday, when it's all revealed.
I LOVE it!
Post a Comment