Their tree may be over 75 years old, but our tree will last for that and much longer! Their tree may be grandiose and well lit but our tree is unique in it's own way (aside from the mere fact that there are thousands of others that were mass produced at the same time). At 72 feet tall, you would have to have binoculars to clearly see details at the top of the Rockefeller tree. At 1.5 feet, the star on top of our tree is easily visible. Our tree even sits gently upon a bookshelf, I bet their tree couldn't do that!
Yessiree, I think our tree is the clear winner in this contest. Don't be too jealous, dear Readers. Next year, we plan to lower our lofty standards and will just get a REAL tree (ha, ha).
(For those of you wondering why we have a plastic potted plant as our tree this year, let's just say that the only live tree we could have for the holiday would be a Palm tree).
4 comments:
So is there no tree in the Wagner home this year? Sad...
Think of the children, Jodi.
Play the Charlie Brown Christmas music all season. You'll be fine!
We're for-going the tree this year, too. Bums, I know, but I'm a little too lazy to get any of our Christmas decorations out. There is always next year.
I'm actually bummed about not having an actual tree but do like the idea of not having to clean up pine needles and put everything away. Next year is a different story though!
Post a Comment