Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Practice Makes Perfect

Since we missed the photo opt the first time our Little Miss got to ride Lucky, we made sure to bring the camera this past weekend when we made a family trip out to the barn. Go figure she wasn't quite as fearless this time out (smart kiddo knew her Daddy was close by and could come save her). The ride was cut short due to a few tears but Lucky didn't seem to notice.
While the ride may not have been our girl's highlight of the trip, I was thrilled to get to share my horse with the Little Miss. Once she was off she did decide she liked Lucky again and kept wanting to tell him "hi" and "cluck-cluck" (didn't you know horses "cluck"?). What can I say, she's a girl so she's bound to change her mind frequently. I'm not giving up hope on our future equestrian, we'll have plenty of opportunities to practice.

3 comments:

Mel G. said...

OK, now don't take this wrong, but, Lucky is sure looking good! Not that you and the Miss aren't also, but since Lucky is a bit older that you both, in horse years, she is looking darn good!

Jodiferkay said...

Mel - we agree, Lucky looks great! Amazing to think he's 23, not sure how that translates to human years but I do know it's OLD. Just to clarify though (to preserve his manhood), he's a "he". Easy mistake though especially since he does have a pink halter (Not my doing, it's Ashley, Sheena's niece, who's been riding him). Poor guy. :)

Mel G. said...

Apologize to Lucky for me. I know Lucky is a he. My bad.