I sure am thankful that God knows so much more than we do. Being a news junkie hasn't served me well in the past couple of days. If you've read a newspaper or watched the news recently you've probably heard about the latest study that reveals additional risks preemies face, including increased mortality rates in childhood and even into adolescence.
.jpg)
As the mom of a former preemie, these reports sure do make it difficult to keep a quiet heart. I can only imagine how hard it is on parents whose babies are still in the NICU. Preemie parents are overwhelmed enough when they learn about all the risks that exist just in their baby's first few months of life.
Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for modern science (most of it anyways) and really am thankful for this study. I welcome every opportunity for us to learn more about premature birth. I am even thankful for all the media attention because it helps keep the general public informed.
I'm just not thankful for the extra worry that can result. From the moment of conception, all parents struggle with anxiety over their child's health and well-being. The ongoing struggle with an anxious heart is a key responsibility included in every parent's job description. We certainly don't need yet another reason to worry.
Am I worried? Absolutely. However, I'm going to choose to turn this anxiety over to my Rock. I'm learning that for all moms and dads, it's a choice we have to make every hour of every day: "Live in fear" or "lift your burdens and concerns to the Lord". My arms are the weakest part of my body but I'm going to use all the muscle power I have to lift! And praise the Lord that when I don't have the strength, Jesus does.
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Phil 4:6-7)
3 comments:
Amen sister! God has things for Bekah to do. And He will continually provide all she needs to do those things. You look in those eyes and you can see a LOT going on. Your little miss is going to be just fine! And so are you and Dad!
Jodi,
I'm praying for little Bekah and mama's anxious heart! The Lord has brought you both to health and will continue to care for you as only He is able! I love you guys!
The Lord gave me 2 Cor. 10:5 in my struggle with anxiety:
"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
I just look at the newborn pictures of Bekah and see her now and know that many miracles have already taken place in her life. What a gift for you to see real, true miracles up close. And there may be challenges in the future, but she is blessed with excellent, faithful parents. You will all be able to weather whatever storms life brings.
Post a Comment