Friday, March 7, 2008

Birthday Scrooge has a Change of Heart

Sometime after my 20th birthday I turned into the "Birthday Scrooge". While I always enjoyed celebrating the day when I was younger, as I've gotten older I'd much prefer to surprise others on their birthdays (Maybe it's because that also means they are the ones turning another year older?).

Yes, today is THE day, I am officially another year older. Before you ask, no, I am not going to tell you what "year" that is. And for those of you tempted to leave it in the comments, just remember, I have the power to "delete" you and I'm not afraid to use it. Ha, ha.

The good news is that miracles of all miracles, I'm not feeling like a Birthday Scrooge today. I had a busy week so it helped that I didn't even have a chance to think about ways to avoid today. Plus, my team at work made sure that I couldn't hide when they decorated my office. The biggest reason I'm not feeling "Scrooge-like" today is that my dear sweet Mr. Hubby was kind enough to let me sleep in. He woke with our Little Miss and went into work late just so I could catch a few extra zzz's. I am so grateful and that alone is making this a great day.

I did have one revelation after all the phone calls this morning...my family needs vocal lessons. Simon would have a hay-day critiquing them; American Idols they are not. Regardless, I love 'em and wouldn't trade the off-key, squeaky squeals for anything. Thank you all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODI! Sounds like you had great start to your special day. We are so looking forward to meeting you in the future!
God Bless you!
Uncle Denny and Aunt Marilyn

liz said...

Happy birthday! I actually know exactly how old you are, but I'll never tell. I'll just take comfort that it will always be a year older than me!

Tim said...

34
34
34
34
34
34

Bwah ha ha ha

Jodiferkay said...

Tim - Just because your birthday is the day after mine, I'll choose not to "delete" you. :)