First up on Saturday, is my dad (a.k.a., Papa). Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm a serious "Daddy's girl". My dad has always been so supportive. He was known as the adopted Horse Show Dad for many young girls whose own dads never came to the events. He is bit stubborn, a quality that I didn't inherit (ha, ha), but I wouldn't change one thing about him. Our Little Miss beams when Dad is around and is quickly taking my place as "Papa's girl".
On Sunday, my main squeeze, Hubby, and his twin bro, Quent, will be turning another year older. I won't tell you how old they are going to be but suffice it to say...OLD. (Hubby is on the left in the pic below).
I wanted to write an ode to my main man but I'm the first to admit, I am no poet. No need to torture you, our readers. Instead, I'll just say that I absolutely, hands down, without an inkling of a doubt, could not have married a better man. Hubby is more than I could have asked for as a husband and as a daddy to our Little Miss. Together with Jesus, he is the stronghold for our family. No matter what Hubby may say, he is also the "mischievous" one in our family and I love how he can always make me laugh. As much flack as I enjoy giving Quent, I couldn't ask for a better bro-in-law. Quent is a bit more serious on the outside than Hubby, but deep down, he's just as goofy. When Quent and his family lived close to us, he and Hubby loved racing go-carts at a nearby track. Driving fast around and around in a metal contraption with a souped-up lawn mower motor and pollution-laden engine fumes brought out the young boy in both of them (along with their competitive natures). I imagine they will have the exact same boyish reaction when they are 70 (if they can still somehow manage to squat down and climb into the go-cart that is!).
Happy Birthday Dad, Hubby and Quent!
No comments:
Post a Comment