Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Harvest Carnival Fun

My mom will tell you, I never have been a fan of Halloween. Oh, don't get me wrong. I had some cute costumes growing up and of course I enjoyed the candy. I just never really liked getting dressed up, especially if that meant face paint (yuck!). Plus, I'm known for being a bit scared of the dark when I'm outside so trick-or-treating is not for me.

These days I really don't like Halloween or anything that it stands for (with one exception, I sure would like a little box of Dots right now!). I know I'll continue to struggle as our Little Miss gets older with the entire thing. For now, I'll be thankful that our church has a Harvest Carnival each year with the intent of inviting our local community. It's always a great turnout and fun to see the kiddos dressed up in "clean" costumes. We had a good time tonight hanging out with the Booths as well as Tim & Sophie Hanson.
Little Miss wore her OSU cheer leading uniform and made sure to "kill the duck" just for her favorite Duck fan (yes Jack, that's you!).




P.S. Before anyone asks, I hope our Little Miss doesn't follow in my footsteps and want to be a cheerleader. I'm pulling for soccer or track. If she's actually graceful (unlike her mom!) then gymnastics or ballet sounds good.

1 comment:

Tim said...

There are so many more alternative Halloween options these days than when I was a kid. Many churches have events that they put on.

I've told Jennifer (not that she's disagreeing) there won't be any trick-or-treating in our house, though we may opt to give out candy - mostly as a means for interacting w/ neighbors.

Pet peeve - teenagers who trick-or-treat. Obnoxious.