The “West Coast Wagners” are giving into contemporary culture. We are finally starting a family blog! The funny thing is that we didn’t even know what a “blog” was until the past couple of months. Thankfully we are comforted in knowing that we aren’t the last people on earth to learn about this trend…we’re certain that our parents (on both sides!) will first hear of the word when we send them this link!
OK, so really it’s me (Jodi) who has gotten into blogging recently. I admit I’m somewhat addicted to reading the blogs of several of my friends. I have enjoyed finding out what’s been going on in their families, looking at recent pictures, contemplating thought-provoking insights that people write about and learning more about what God’s been doing in and through others. All that to say, while many people have been caught up reading about Harry Potter, I’ve been caught up in blogs!
Our goal for this blog is to try to stay better connected with friends and family across the country (and world). Phone calls are great however being restricted to verbal communication makes it a little difficult to convey “life” as it occurs. E-mails are nice but it can be hard to remember who you shared what with.
Let’s just say upfront that it will most frequently be me (again, Jodi) who is the author of this family blog (after all, everyone knows that I’m the “wordy” one in this family!). Not to say that Hubby won’t add his two cents once in awhile (no pressure Honey).
I for one am excited about this new “project”. I’ve been looking for a creative outlet. I don’t sew (I wish I could quilt!), I’m too impatient to scrapbook (I still haven’t put our wedding pictures in albums let alone all the pictures of our baby girl!), I’m not crafty by any sense of the word. The one creative sort of hobby I do enjoy is to cook but I could certainly stand to avoid the extra calories that passion comes with!
We haven’t decided how frequently we’ll post and will leave that open ended. We want to keep this active and interesting yet don’t want to be consumed by this site. We’ll target a weekly update but will make no promises. Warning if you do start reading this: We are offering no guarantees about the quality of this blog and can’t say how long it will last but for now, we’ll give it a try! Let the blogging begin!
3 comments:
Nate, Jodi and Bekah,
We are looking forward to keeping up with you on your blog. We love seeing pictures of you all, and look forward to meeting Jodi and Bekah someday. :)
Love Uncle Dennis and Aunt Marilyn
Jodi,
This is a perfect project for you with all your computer skills. You have many talents. The greatest is being a great mommy to our little Bekah.
I am volunteering my services to assemble Bekah's baby pictures for you. I would really enjoy doing this for you.
Hugs and love, Mom/Nana
Go Jodi! Sounds like a great hobby. Elijah was shocked to see Bekah on the internet. (Is that Bekah!??) He is already asking why we don't have one. Maybe a great homeschool project. :) Well, look forward to seeing you tomorrow night!
~JuRita
Post a Comment